Participants enroll online or by telephone. They then have access to these program offerings:
- Coaching by phone and additional support via email, text, or instant message. Participants work with a coach to prepare a quit plan, set a quit date, understand tobacco triggers, manage cravings and address relapses. Coaches are available Monday-Sunday, 7 a.m. to 1 a.m. eastern time.
- Full pharmacotherapy program (varies by client), including nicotine replacement therapy (NRT), varenicline, and buproprion.
- Planning and educational materials to help participants map out their road to quitting tobacco.
- Membership in an online community of others who are working to become tobacco free.
Click here to go to the smokefree.gov website
Smokefree.gov is intended to help you or someone you care about quit smoking. Different people need different resources as they try to quit smoking cigarettes. The information and professional assistance available on this website can help to support both your immediate and long-term needs as you become, and remain, a non-smoker.
Smokefree.gov allows you to choose the help that best fits your needs. You can get immediate assistance in the form of:
- Information about a wide range of topics related to smoking and quitting
- LiveHelp, the National Cancer Institute’s instant messaging service
- National Cancer Institute’s telephone quitline, 1-877-44U-QUIT
- Local and state telephone quitlines, 1-800-QUIT-NOW
- SmokefreeTXT, the National Cancer Institute’s text messaging service
- Smokefree apps, quizzes, and materials to download
- Publications to download, print, or order
Check out this link with Quit Tobacco Apps and also Text Message programs!
Apps and Text Message Programs
Over the Phone
PA FREE QUITLINE: 1-800-QUIT-NOW
PA Free Quitline services include:
- Up to five quit coach calls
- Two or more weeks of nicotine replacement therapy, if available
- Unlimited, inbound calls for additional support during times of high risk for using tobacco
- Pregnancy Protocol designed specifically to help women during and after pregnancy
- Spanish quitline services are available by dialing 1-855-DEJELO-YA
- Follow-up calls are conducted at three, six and 12-month periods to establish quit rates.
Ask your Doctor
What your doctor will do:
- Conduct a brief intervention to determine the tobacco user’s readiness to quit tobacco.
- Fill out the online Quitlogix referral form to enroll the tobacco user in Quitline services.
- Quitline staff will contact the tobacco user within 48 hours.
- Referral source will receive confirmation of contact and fax-back reports on patient progress (HIPAA-covered entities only).
Tobacco Free Southwest - Contact Us