Skip to content
Great American Spit Out Day – February 20, 2017
- Encourages dippers to use the date to make a plan to quit, or to plan in advance and quit smoking that day
Through With Chew Week – February 13-27, 2017 (held annually in February)
- Through With Chew Week was established in 1989 by the American Academy of Otolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery, Inc. (www.entnet.org)
- Through With Chew Week (TWCW) is an educational campaign to decrease spit tobacco use and increase awareness of the negative health effects of using these products.
- Any concerned group that may be interested in educating its community about the negative effects of spit tobacco use and wants to help spit tobacco users quit.
Kick Butts Day – March 15, 2017
- National day of activism that empowers youth to speak up and take action against tobacco use at more than 1,000 events from coast to coast.
Earth Day – April 22, 2017
- Earth Day is an annual event created to celebrate the planet’s environment and raise public awareness about pollution. The day, marked on April 22, is observed worldwide with rallies, conferences, outdoor activities and service projects.
- Globally, approximately 4.3 trillion cigarette butts are littered every year.
- Earth Day is a day that can be used to educate on tobacco and the impact it has on the environment. Celebrate this holiday by holding a cigarette butt clean-up in your community!
World No Tobacco Day – May 31st Annually
- The World Health Organization (WHO)
- World No Tobacco Day 2012 will educate policy-makers and the general public about the tobacco industry’s nefarious and harmful tactics.
Red Ribbon Week- October 23rd-31st Annually
- The National Family Partnership
- During Red Ribbon Week participants demonstrate their opposition to drugs and tobacco.
Great American Smoke Out Day – 3rd Thursday in November Annually
- Encourages smokers to use the date to make a plan to quit, or to plan in advance and quit smoking for that day.